Guest Poster: Beverly Crusher
To think that Jean-Luc and I could have been cuddling up right now watching the latest holographic movie on the Enterprise. Instead, I'm in command of a Borg Cube in the Delta Quadrant fighting Species 8472!
I volunteered to go on the Borg Cultural Exchange, but as the Borg Queen was showing me around, the Cube was attacked by their enemies in this Quadrant. It seriously injured the Queen. As she was taken to the medical facility, she gave me Command to get the Cube out of here and back to the Alpha Quadrant.
In the Command Room of the Cube, the drones turn to look at me, as if they are expecting me to tell them something. The screen registers three hostile ships coming towards us. Clearly, we haven't got long to go before they unleash fatal bioweapons on us.
I sigh and sit on the throne, putting the earphones and microphone in place, as instructed by Queenie.
Here we go......
I rush of voices come into the mind. I'm in contact with the Hive Mind. It's like a meeting of the Senior Staff on the Enterprise, where everyone wants to talk at the same time. I distinguish a message that says 'incoming transmission from Species 8472 ship'.
I tell them to put it through...
The most revolting and scariest alien I've seen comes on the screen. This one won't win any beauty contests.
"Borg vessel." the creature booms, "You will now be extinguished."
The picture goes off. Extinguished eh? We'll see about that!
As my mind is linked up to the Borg, I realise it can understand my tactical senses. Clever, eh?
"Unimatrix 01" I say in my Commander-voice, "Initiate Attack Delta-Delta-Omega!"
The crippled Cube shifts position as the 8472 vessels advance. It goes upwards and round as the bioweapons miss us. We are heading straight to the three ships."
"Attack Alpha-Beta!" I shout.
This is fun, although I don't think Jean-Luc would like me to play with the Enterprise like this.
Three Borg energy beams shoot out. Firstly one 8472 ship is destroyed, then the other two.
"YAY!" I shout, "Let's get out of here!"
"More vessels have appeared" the Hive Mind tells me.
I look at the screen in despair, as I see a whole fleet of Species 8472 ship coming out of the dimensional rift
"Engage Transwarp to Alpha Quadrant sector 101.238." I tell them.
That's where the Enterprise is. Let's hope we...and the Cube can make it!
To be continued...
Mimi of The Queen's Meme has sent this in....
The Queen's Meme No. 2...Mission Impossible..
1. You are a guest on the space shuttle. You just arrived on the moon and realize you forgot something back home that you can't live without. What is it and how do you convince them to go back and fetch it? Anti-dysentry tablets...they will go back at warp speed!
2. Pretend you are a teacher in a rough public school for one day. You have been assigned to teach Manners 101. You have the "challenging bad butt kids" class (remember this is a pretend school and anyway I can't say ass on my blog 'cause it's so unQueenly and I might get fined or something).
They are jumping up and down, cursing, and throwing things at you.
What is the first thing you would write on the board? Would you mind being very quiet while I teach Manners otherwise I shall be forced to bring in my friends from the Skulls Gang to duff you you somewhat. Thank you for your attention.
3. Someone in your family or a friend has started a blog. They think it is anonymous but you have figured it out. They are saying derogatory things about you. Do you tell them or do you read it for awhile?
How would you handle it? Start my own blog and reply with a few phrases of my own.
4. If you had one dollar left in your pocket, what would you spend it on? You actually KNOW something that only costs a dollar????
5. President Obama and the First Lady are coming over for dinner. What do you serve? Serve? Are we playing tennis? Take 'em to McDonalds.
6. You walk in on your lover. They are trying on your clothes. What do you do? Try on their clothes
7. Every astronaut must have shots! Choose your vaccination: You only get one and you can't enjoy any of the attributes of the other choices. You choose either: (1) The fountain of eternal youth and sexual vigor but only for 10 years (2) perfect health for a lifetime (3) eternal mind-numbing nirvana and peace of mind (4) unlimited hedonism for one year with no negative consequences. If you have perfect health for a lifetime, how do you die? I'd go for that. I wonder what happens to the users of ~ 1 after ten years? It's probably very sudden.