Saturday, May 19, 2012

TWQ: Impulse Buying

TWQ (the Weekend Question) asks about buying things on impulse.

Have you ever bought anything on impulse? Did you regret it, or did it turn out to be a great buy? List as many examples as you can.

My answers are:

* I bought an ingrained wood games table in Sorrento, Italy, but telephoned them when I got home and changed the order to a beautiful writing desk, which I love.

* I bought the novel 'The Book Thief' as it had such a distinctive cover. It was a super novel.

* I did buy a chess set with large pieces. It was quite expensive, and have regretted that.

Now it's over to you...

4 comments:

Susan said...

A frock in the sale it was an impulse buy, but I love it and always feel great when I've got it on.

Some of my impulse buys have been pots, hand made ones, and I don't regret any of those. I do regret some I did not have the experience or understanding to get, and have regretted not getting them. One that sticks in my mind is a teapot by Derek Emms.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Most of my impulse buys are food. Some are clothes...mixed reactions for some :)

I tend to regret the things I talked myself out of buying.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i bought a very expensive patio set for my balcony and it is so uncomfortable i still sit in my old chair. it's a few years old now and i still hate it.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoox

Linda said...

Probably way too many things and I probably regretted a lot of them but I can't for the life of me think of what they were now! Maybe this whole old-age, can't remember squat stuff isn't so bad sometimes!